Douro Gastronomic experience
Located in the district of Viseu, Lamego is today the only diocese that is not a district capital. It was in its courts that D. Afonso Henriques was supposedly acclaimed as the first King of Portugal and here too the rules of succession to the throne were established. But, more than history and countless cultural and religious heritage, Lamego stands out in the Portuguese gastronomic panorama for its traditional delicacies and an excellent wine production. Products that we invite you to taste in a unique environment of a verdant landscape.
09H00 – Pick up at your hotel
- Departure from the hotel for the discovery of the traditional Douro products
- Stop at Lamego
- Taste of traditional delicacieslike prosciutto, traditional sausages and Bola of Lamego, with some wine.
- Panoramic tour in the centre of Lamego where we can glimpse some of the highlights such as Nossa Senhora dos Remédios Sanctuary, Cathedral and Castle of Lamego
- Traditional lunch in a local restaurant
- Visit to the village of Pinhão, where the long tradition of viticulture has produced a landscape of exceptional beauty
- We follow to make a honey, olive oiland wine, as well as grape juice tasting
- Transportation in tourist vehicle
- Guided tour
- Taste of traditional delicacies in Lamego
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Wine, olive oil and honey tasting in Pinhão
- Monument entrances
Don’t listen to what they say. Go see!
We’ll take you, make your reservation.