Verde wine tour
Verde wine tour
Being the largest Denomination of Controlled Origin (DOC) in Portugal, Verde wine comes mostly from the Minho region, between Minho and Douro rivers. This is a unique wine in the world, with light and fresh character, that’s available today in the categories of white, red, rosé and sparkling. In this route of magnificent gastronomic experiences, we can still contact with two Portuguese animal species, such as the Miranda Donkey and the Lusitana Mare, in a journey that promises as much tastes and aromas as colours, sounds and sensations. We also invite you to visit Guimarães, the country’s birthplace. A medieval and charismatic town, whose granite walls and numerous historic buildings tell legends and are a basilar part of history: the origin of who we are, Portugal.
09H00 – Pick up at your hotel
- Departure towards Minho to know the demarcated region of Verde wine
- Stop for a gastronomic experience in a traditional farm that has about 2.5 kms,
- Visit the vineyard and stables, where we find a Miranda autochthonous Donkeyand Lusitania Mare,
- Visit to the vegetable gardenthat is located next to the river Tâmega
- Visit the wine cellar,followed by a taste of white, red and rosé wine, accompanied by organic products produced here: olive oil, lupins, olives with oregano, marmalade and other small tapas
- We continue to Guimarães, the Portugal’s birthplace
- Free time for lunch
- Panoramic tour of the historic centre, Castle and Paço dos Duques
18h00 – Arrival at the Hotel
- Full day tour
- Transportation in touristic vehicle
- Guided tour
- Gastronomic experience in a traditional farm
- Meals and monuments entrances not included
- The use of comfortable footwear is recommended
Don’t listen to what they say. Go see!
We’ll take you, make your reservation.